A car accident can be a traumatic experience, especially if you or a loved one was injured in the process. The last thing you want to deal with is court dates and insurance claims. Hiring a car accident attorney in Sarasota can help simplify the process and get the reparations you deserve. There are several things to look for when you are shopping for an attorney. Check out this list of questions and qualifications from the law offices of Matthew Erjavec, PA.
Experience and Philosophy
Take the time to get to know your potential lawyers. These questions will help you determine whether or not your case is in capable hands.
- How long have you been practicing?
- Have you handled personal injury or automotive cases before?
- How many cases have you settled or won?
- Do you have a reference list of past clients I can call?
- Where did you go to school and when did you graduate?
- Did you specialize in any particular field of law?
- Are you a part of a bar association or professional organization of lawyers?
Assessment of Your Case
Take advantage of the free consultation that many accident attorneys offer. Ask some of the following questions in regards to your case.
- What is your professional evaluation of my case?
- What is my case worth?
- Do I have any aspects in my favor?
- What aspects of the case are in my opponent’s favor?
- What is the likelihood that this case will go to trial?
- Is it possible to settle outside of court?
- How long before this case is settled?
- What do you need me to do or provide?
These questions will determine how your case will be handled and your role in the legal proceedings.
- How will you approach my case?
- Will you be handling my case, negotiations, and appearances?
- Who will be my primary contact?
- How do I get a hold of you and how quickly do you respond?
- How often will I be updated on my case?
- How will I be charged for your work?
- What other legal fees should I expect?
If you have never been involved in a legal proceeding, these sort of interviews with your potential legal council will give you peace of mind about the legal process. For more help finding a car accident lawyer in Sarasota, contact the professionals at the law offices of Matthew Erjavec, PA.